Wednesday 9 December 2015

Easy morning stretch routine to help with Complex PTSD

When I was diagnosed with Complex PTSD I realized that not only did I have some pretty unpleasant symptoms but that those symptoms were manifesting themselves from the moment I woke up in the morning.

It was at this stage that I decided I wanted to try and find a way to start the day positively and in a way that will aid my recovery. I had implemented the 'like myself'' and 'reparenting' affirmations but I wanted to also get my body moving and generate some physical energy.

I looked at a few stretch, pilates and yoga routines but many of them involved lying down, a mat and/or alot of space whereas I just wanted a quick and easy routine to get myself moving.

In the end I settled on the routine below from Tara Davidson on Youtube



The video and the instructor have no connection to Complex PTSD but I find the basic stretching helps clear my mind in the morning and focus me on recovery.

Give it a try and let me (and other readers) know how you got on by leaving a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment