Wednesday 9 December 2015

Daily routines and habits to overcome Complex PTSD

Since my Complex PTSD diagnosis I have tried to educate myself on the condition and take an active role in my recovery. It is not easy and many days I don't feel like taking action but I always try my best.

Below is a list of the daily actions I take to combat my Complex PTSD symptoms :


  • In my previous post (Affirmation exercise to help you improve your self esteem) I mentioned the importance of trying to improve how I feel about myself and reduce my inner critic. Therefore, each day I set a timer for 5 minutes and repeat to myself "I like myself".
  • In addition to the exercise above I set a timer for 5 minutes and perform the reparenting exercise .  
  • A morning stretch routine gets my body moving, generates energy and gives me a sense of achievement before navigating the day.

This list will grow as I learn more about Complex PTSD and develop better coping strategies but for now I hope you find them helpful.

If you have tried these techniques or would like to suggest your own, please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment